Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 17 Contact

My mom got me a new history book to study.  It's called The Story of the World.  I started learning about ancient civilizations again.  We talked about the nomads and the ancient egyptians.
 I made a painting like they did a long time ago on cave walls.  I took a piece of brown paper and crumpled it up a lot to make it rough.  Then I painted a picture of a horse.  I painted the outside of the horse black and colored the inside brown. 
 My mom also got me a new writing book called Writing with Ease.  My sister does the top sentence and I work on the bottom.  I think my writing is getting a lot better.
For history we also made clay tablets.  The clay was really hard.  My mom had to help me to roll it out a little bit.  I wrote my name the way the Sumerians would write.  It was hard and I am glad we can write on paper even if it doesn't last as long!

No comments:

Post a Comment